Extremly compact clarifier which combines coagulation, ballasted flocculation and settling for the treatment of drinking water, process water and waste water.
Actiflo® is a compact process that operates with microsand (Actisand™) as a seed for floc formation. Actisand™ provides surface area that enhances flocculation and also acts as a ballast or weight to aid a rapid settlement.
The microsand ballasted flocs display unique settling characteristics, which allow for clarifier designs with very high overflow rates and short retention times. These designs result in footprints that are up to 50-100 times smaller than conventional clarification systems.
||Ideally suited for|
- High and very low turbidity
- Intense colour
- Rapidly fluctuating water sources
- Low temperature water (1°C)
- Consistent removal of total organic carbon (TOC), oxidised iron, manganese and arsenic...
- Removal of algae as well as taste and odour associated with algal bloom
- Recovery of backwash water (reducing water loss and running costs)
Removal efficiency exceeding 90% for turbidity, colour, algae or arsenic.
- Industrial process water and waste water
- Recycling of process water
- Pre-treatment of boiler feed water
- Pre-treatment of cooling tower make-up water
- Solids and color removal: prior to membrane treatment, reverse osmosis, or in combination with discfilter
- Removal of heavy metals (lead, cadmium, zinc...) and ashes from power plant effluents
More than 90% removal of total suspended solids (TSS), colloidal matter, total phosphorus, heavy metals and faecal coliforms, 60% BOD and COD removal.
- Very short start-up time of only 5-10 minutes due to reduced flocculation time
- Increased upflow velocities of up to 120 m/h depending on the application
- Minimized footprint (drinking & process water treatment: up to 50 times smaller; waste water treatment: up to 100 times smaller)
- High quality of clarified water
- Short retention time (10-12 minutes, enables quick optimization)
- Stable and reliable process
- Easy to operate
- Low installation and operating costs
- More than 450 case studies world-wide
Top of page